Thread: Vegas Odds / Ufc fighters Khabib v McGregor deviation

Enhancement Talent

Vegas Odds / Ufc fighters Khabib v McGregor deviation

I have noticed that the Vegas odds has Khabib as the betting favorite. However, almost every fighter that I have heard analyze the match up has picked McGregor and make it sound like they see McGregor as a heavy favorite. I asked myself why and I wonder if the fighters really believe this or if they are encourage by UFC brass to say these things as McGregor is a cash cow for the UFC. I mean Vegas doesn't just give away money. But if you look at the odds then listen to most ufc fighters it is almost vegas is saying here take my money. I would think if it is such a close match up the Vegas odds would be closer than -155 Khabib. Or are the MMA sports betting lines that illiquid?

SRS
    It's really one of the best fights from a match up perspective at this level because one's strength is the other's weaknesses

Enhancement Talent
    Sean. I agree but I am baffled how the vegas odds choose Khabib and almost all of the fighters are choosing Conor. Why do you think that is? Is the company line or do they see something vegas doesn't?

SRS
    Vegas overvalues wrestling, in my estimation

Enhancement Talent
    Really looking for the fight this weekend, surely one persons weakness is the other strengths. Just glad got my PPV subscription timely to watch khabib vs McGregor live online. Quite cheap though at $17.65 not a bad deal I must say.

Members who have read this thread: 6