Thread: A stupid thread about friendship

A stupid thread about friendship

I put the word "stupid" on the thread, cuz theres a chance it gets trashed xd, but today at one of my classes, people talked about hoe pokemon episodes tend to end with the narrator saying "ash and that guy probably will never see each other again, but they will remain friends forever" or something like that, i don't remember but that started a discussion, some said that when you stop seeing people or stop talking to them, they're no longer your friends, others said that as long as you have good memories of them, even if you never see them or talk to them again, they still are your friends, cuz if you see them again, you will instantly feel happiness in that moment, i have an opinion that is different than those 2 but at the same time is connected to both, if you can no longer see them cuz someone move to another city or state or even country, and also can't talk to them but you always have them in your mind with good memories, they're still your friends, but friends that still live on the same city, with no circunstances make it difficult for them to see each other and yet they don't see or talk to each other but when they accidentally met at some place and they act all happy, thats not friendship cuz if someones is your friend you seek them out especially when there is nothing making it difficult to do so... But well i always like to hear opinions, so what is your take on friendship?

Lower Card
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanFerlopez View Post
    I put the word "stupid" on the thread, cuz theres a chance it gets trashed xd, but today at one of my classes, people talked about hoe pokemon episodes tend to end with the narrator saying "ash and that guy probably will never see each other again, but they will remain friends forever" or something like that, i don't remember but that started a discussion, some said that when you stop seeing people or stop talking to them, they're no longer your friends, others said that as long as you have good memories of them, even if you never see them or talk to them again, they still are your friends, cuz if you see them again, you will instantly feel happiness in that moment, i have an opinion that is different than those 2 but at the same time is connected to both, if you can no longer see them cuz someone move to another city or state or even country, and also can't talk to them but you always have them in your mind with good memories, they're still your friends, but friends that still live on the same city, with no circunstances make it difficult for them to see each other and yet they don't see or talk to each other but when they accidentally met at some place and they act all happy, thats not friendship cuz if someones is your friend you seek them out especially when there is nothing making it difficult to do so... But well i always like to hear opinions, so what is your take on friendship?
    as you grow older you'll naturally grow apart from people you went to school with (The general circle of friends)

the ones you hated in high school, you'll be happy to see them in 20 years and you'll laugh about the crap. Your college friends you'll always be able to just hang and not really say much.

you have 2 or 3 good friends as an adult male. Women tend to have more.

Unless you're a complete dick like me, and no one wants to see or hear from you

Funny enough, growing up, I didn't have many friends so my views on friendship came from such shows like Pokemon. To this day, my beliefs on friendship remain the same. I'm a firm believer that once you become friends with somebody, then you're friends for life with that person (unless something happened that drove a wedge between the two parties). i have a ton of people that I have met once or twice in my life and I still consider them good friends. I'm more of an optimist when it comes to those things and I am pretty much value and treasure all my friends no matter how big or small that friendship is. I always thought that I am only as good as the friends that have supported me and the people I have met throughout my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
    as you grow older you'll naturally grow apart from people you went to school with (The general circle of friends)

the ones you hated in high school, you'll be happy to see them in 20 years and you'll laugh about the crap. Your college friends you'll always be able to just hang and not really say much.

you have 2 or 3 good friends as an adult male. Women tend to have more.

Unless you're a complete dick like me, and no one wants to see or hear from you
    i never thought about until you said but yeah i noticed that male have few real friends and women have more, but for what i have seen, at least from aquaintances, some women say that even if it not make sense to say some person is her friend cuz the truth its to transparent, and about bieng a dick, well it ha its advantage for what i have seen from other people, you don't have to worry about being backstabbed or being forced to pay food cuz you're "friends" doesn't have money, if you manage to be happy without friends, you are the real winner, cuz from where i come from, friendship sometimes cost so much and those people are ungrateful and no matter how much you do for them they tend to not be there when you need help, so better alone that with bad friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Toro View Post
    Funny enough, growing up, I didn't have many friends so my views on friendship came from such shows like Pokemon. To this day, my beliefs on friendship remain the same. I'm a firm believer that once you become friends with somebody, then you're friends for life with that person (unless something happened that drove a wedge between the two parties). i have a ton of people that I have met once or twice in my life and I still consider them good friends. I'm more of an optimist when it comes to those things and I am pretty much value and treasure all my friends no matter how big or small that friendship is. I always thought that I am only as good as the friends that have supported me and the people I have met throughout my life.
    i don't agree with how pokemon taught people on how to view friendship but if you really see friendship like that you would be someone i would say "such a lucky man" if you lived in my city cuz with such an optimism its easy to avoid stuff, like don't trusting the intentions of others when they say they're your friends cuz usually they have something under the sleeve, when you help someone, usually you don't expect something in return but when that person says " you are a greta friend" you became so happy that when it turns out to be a lie or later that person let you down is such a bummer, for people like me is hard to tell if someone really is my friend cuz of the pokemon friendship stuff, many people think that they can move on from your live after you helped and reject hanging out with you everytime but they will say they are your friends.

Enhancement Talent
    Social media has definitely played a huge part in the evolution of friendship. Before 2005, if you moved away from the friends you grew up with say in high school, you really wouldn't have much of a chance to still talk to them. Then came Facebook (screw MySpace). You can keep in touch with your friends, even if you're miles apart. Things are definitely not what they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ferro View Post
    Social media has definitely played a huge part in the evolution of friendship. Before 2005, if you moved away from the friends you grew up with say in high school, you really wouldn't have much of a chance to still talk to them. Then came Facebook (screw MySpace). You can keep in touch with your friends, even if you're miles apart. Things are definitely not what they used to be.
    Agreed, i think if friends are still living in the same city and u can still talk to each other or hangout at least once a month, and they don't talk to you so often and you don't see each other never again, that person is not your friend.