Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summerslam Event

Summerslam Event

Apart from the main event there isnt much else that I am looking foward too. Even then they have had lesnar onRaw 2 weeks in a row but has had no interactions with the others. Why isnt Joe trying to sneak attack lesnar to weaken him for the event or something

Most of the matches have either been played out too often recently and the build up has been horrible for most.

A week out from the event

-Nak and Jinder for the title: they havent had any contact or promo exchange yet for a WWE Title match
    -Miz IC Champ doesn't have a set opponant and if its Jason Jordan then another poorly booked program
    -Raw tag titles has been good but isnt helping Shesaro this is all about the Sheild reunion
    -US title been booked well even though its gone on for ages the addition of shane has helped
    -Usos v New Day - Seen them wrestle enough already although it will be a good match its been another long drawn out program with not much happening
    -Naomi v Natalya - Another absolute shit build up in the 2 weeks since natalya has won there has been nothing going on between the 2
    Cena Corbin - Thrown together with a weak story and no interest due to Corbins boring character and a nothing fued with cena isnt helping
    Big Show vs Cass - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ boring nap time
    Orton Rusev - DUD, No story to why they are fighting and no build up either
    Balor Wyatt - Booooooorrrrriiing, whole build up has been a classic wyatt program full of nothing promos and not much else
    Raw Divas Title: Not WWE fault but finding out the opponent one week before the event and if its banks winning makes her feel like not good enough becuase she lost a previous number 1 contender match so she only there due to an injury....
    Nevile vs tazawa - Potential to be good match but the build up to there previous match was better in my opionion

For an event like Summerslam WWE have done a very good job for those who drink lots of alcohol and smoke lots of cigarettes because in the 6 hour event there will be piss and smoke break opportunities basically all the way up until the main event.

Minus brock lesnar being on the card this looks like a card to advertise a house show tour coming to Australia

lol, balor wyatt should be like an insane asylum match (ambrose aslyum) and call it house of horrors 2.0. than u could have demon king balor vs bray wyatt---- or a buried alive match
    Last edited by franky; 08-12-2017 at 09:28 PM.

I know I pick on you sometimes for being negative but you're spot on with this one. Aside from the main event, the most interesting match on this card to me is the Cruiserweight match...and I don't even watch 205 Live regularly. The Usos/New Day could be great but we've seen it. Hopefully there will be some pleasant surprises. These network specials would be more exciting if they'd stop giving so much away for free on weekly TV.

Quote Originally Posted by randycrum View Post
    I know I pick on you sometimes for being negative but you're spot on with this one. Aside from the main event, the most interesting match on this card to me is the Cruiserweight match...and I don't even watch 205 Live regularly. The Usos/New Day could be great but we've seen it. Hopefully there will be some pleasant surprises. These network specials would be more exciting if they'd stop giving so much away for free on weekly TV.
    Rhyno & Slater - Did weekly promos shot outside of the ring in Slaters Trailer park and they got over huge with the crowd and they stopped any character development with them and back to jobbers

Fandango & Breeze - Been doing the same and have been getting good reviews, building characters with them the moment they hit the ring the crowd will be over for the act.

They need to invest more time on wrestlers outside of the ring to build up matches instead of week in week out going in to face another pointless match

Imagine if Jason Jordan didnt wrestle at all yet since the announcment and instead got backstage segments of him and kurt bonding together in Kurt like comedy skits and building a relationship between the 2 or whatever.

Instead apart from reveal night they have not been seen together and Jordan has cut 2 horrible promos and wrestled a jobber and the crowd shat on Jordan.

yah they need some good segments with kurt and jj for sure... although jj is really good in-ring I would enjoy watching him wrestle someone like reigns, styles or rollins... BUT, seeing what he does in the next few weeks could make or break his character.----

he should just destroy miz at summerslam

Quote Originally Posted by jakecon View Post
    Rhyno & Slater - Did weekly promos shot outside of the ring in Slaters Trailer park and they got over huge with the crowd and they stopped any character development with them and back to jobbers

Fandango & Breeze - Been doing the same and have been getting good reviews, building characters with them the moment they hit the ring the crowd will be over for the act.

They need to invest more time on wrestlers outside of the ring to build up matches instead of week in week out going in to face another pointless match

Imagine if Jason Jordan didnt wrestle at all yet since the announcment and instead got backstage segments of him and kurt bonding together in Kurt like comedy skits and building a relationship between the 2 or whatever.

Instead apart from reveal night they have not been seen together and Jordan has cut 2 horrible promos and wrestled a jobber and the crowd shat on Jordan.
    Breezango is my jam!

Summerslam had always been 1 day before i go back to school so i enter very motivated, i hope the main event doesn't suck or my yearly formula will not work.

I gotta feeling ill be burnt out by the time the main event comes andwill impact my enjoyment of it

If the crowd aint dead also by that time it will be a miracle

they need a ladder match to spark my interest