Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite announcer/commentator from the past

Who is your favorite announcer/commentator from the past

Since this is the old wrestling subforum, lets set the limit up until 2011 and well you can choose as many as you want as your favorites, but lets not take into account nxt announcers and stuff since they are after 2012 (thoug announcers from the first format of nxt counts ironically) so what is your favorite announcer/s from all those years? Mines are matt striker and william regal.

Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan

Gorilla and the Brain. No contest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Lewis View Post
    Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan
    bobby heenan its a classic, but i never heard of gorilla, between gorilla and bobby who's the best?

Quote Originally Posted by AlanFerlopez View Post
    bobby heenan its a classic, but i never heard of gorilla, between gorilla and bobby who's the best?
    Almost an impossible choice cuz individually they were great but together, when they played off each other, they were GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Tap589 View Post
    Almost an impossible choice cuz individually they were great but together, when they played off each other, they were GOAT
    do you think they can beat english commentators from new japan? You know, the mauro's, the JR's and etc. Etc.?

They were both equal. They were like a comedy duo. They could make a boring Hacksaw Jim Duggan squash match fun to watch.

There hasn't been that great face play by play(Gorilla) & heel color(Heenan) announce team since.

Jesse Ventura on commentary is a BLAST to listen back to.
    On Twitter @KingOfIndyStyle
    Ask me questions here: http://forum.fightful.com/showthread...SS-stuff/page4

Quote Originally Posted by AlanFerlopez View Post
    do you think they can beat english commentators from new japan? You know, the mauro's, the JR's and etc. Etc.?
    Imo, it's not even close. They are the GOAT's regardless of language, federation, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tap589 View Post
    Imo, it's not even close. They are the GOAT's regardless of language, federation, etc
    and in the current era who would you say are close to those guys?