Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dont Try This At Home

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    309

    Dont Try This At Home

    With alex getting concerned his 5 year old daughter might get the wrong image from james ellsworth getting the title WWE got to now put a dont try nothing or believe nothing you see warnings for those out their like alex

    I understand the whole controversy about Ellsworth being the one who brang it down, he should have lifted carmella up and put her on the ladder to climb but look at the heat and response it has got. Back in the attitude era we had Bubba powerbombing old Mae Young now we have Alex losing his mind over a scripted ending because a "man" brang down the contract.

    The fact that they got the chance to have the match, got plenty of time and a decent build up with a storyline finish that is being the most talked about thing should be celebrated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    Ok. First, in the attitude era the women were looked at, and booked as, largely insignificant. Save for a few matches here and there. There was no great "our women are athletes and are on level with the men" PR push by wwe. They kinda created their own problem here. Second, they did not get plenty of time. I'd say that was at least top 3 shortest ladder matches in wwe history

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap589 View Post
    Ok. First, in the attitude era the women were looked at, and booked as, largely insignificant. Save for a few matches here and there. There was no great "our women are athletes and are on level with the men" PR push by wwe. They kinda created their own problem here. Second, they did not get plenty of time. I'd say that was at least top 3 shortest ladder matches in wwe history
    for the talent they had in the match and being the first ladder match for all these women it got the right amount of time to do what they can

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by jakecon View Post
    for the talent they had in the match and being the first ladder match for all these women it got the right amount of time to do what they can
    Would you have felt the same about the match/finish if it were Bailey /Becky/Charlotte /Sasha/Carmella?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap589 View Post
    Would you have felt the same about the match/finish if it were Bailey /Becky/Charlotte /Sasha/Carmella?
    Yes because its a scripted match and for the storyline and carmellas character this is perfect, the heat that came from it was great. The only thing those wrestlers would change is the match quality.

    Fans need to realize its a tv show and scripted the only problem people keep saying is because its a man not women pulled it down. I think Ellsworth should have carried and placed her on the ladder to grab it herself but it didnt happen like that so why not enjoy the heel move that was pulled.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    309
    alex talking about how he had to explain it to his mum and kids had me laughin hard.

    do you explain to your kids that the people in movies dont actually die.. both are scripted shows

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by jakecon View Post
    alex talking about how he had to explain it to his mum and kids had me laughin hard.

    do you explain to your kids that the people in movies dont actually die.. both are scripted shows
    to some kids parents do explain that people do not really die on movies, i had a neighbor who's śon ´thought humans can do what the rhino from spiderman cand do, he just hit the damn car with his forehead so damn hard and he bled a lot, kids do dumbs stuff, especially in USA, where news of kids killing others cuz of a tv show example are very constant....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •