Thread: Name changes

Name changes

So I read somewhere today that the artist formerly known as tommy end is going as alister black. Cool name and all but I hate how the wwe and wrestling in general will make a guy whose made a living off of their previous name change it. Also they think of the dumbest names for some guys.

I think names are quite overrated. There are a few out there that may help or have value add but overall they are just fluff. A dude named The Rock of all things was one of the biggest ever. Take the name given and let your work do the talking

Tommy End chose Alister Black as it relates to the Poem The End by Alister Crowley.

Quite clever really in this case.

Sure, I guess. But is Tommy End a satanist gimmick? I honestly don't know but invoking Alister Crowley seems to suggest it.. And those type of gimmicks are already overdone and lame in my opinion.

I think he is a fan of his work and it was also the origins of his original name so he was just trying to stay true to himself and his new character. What WWE does with him is anyones guess but I hope it is a continuation of his Indie roots as he is one badass in the ring.